Sojitz Systems Begins Deploying commercial and industrial LED Lightings
- SSC Signs Exclusive Manufacturing and Distribution Agreement in Japan with Ringdale -
May 25, 2010
Sojitz Systems Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sojitz Corporation, entered into an exclusive manufacturing and distribution agreement for Japanese market with Texas-based Ringdale, Inc. for LED Lightings.
Ringdale used original technology (PCT patent pending) to design and develop high-intensity LED lights that use high light flux LED modules with high luminous efficacy and are marketed in the United States and many other countries around the world as the ActiveLED? series. Ringdale’s ActiveLED? series of LED lights feature outstanding heat dissipation and exhibit less temperature increase.
Sojitz Systems will make use of the features of the ActiveLED? series to conduct sales activities in industry markets such as high bay lighting in plants, distribution centers, and warehouses, streetlights, parking structure lighting, and billboard lighting. Sojitz Systems will establish channel partner sales model including OEMs and Sojitz Group companies sales. Sojitz Systems expected its 1 billion yen sales for 2012.
Besides its existing information and communications equipment business, Sojitz Systems will enhance its environmental business initiatives to expand into the lighting solution business using the ActiveLED? technology and provide comprehensive business solutions that contribute to energy savings based on information and communications technologies.
Features of Ringdale’s LED Lighting Technology
- High Luminous Flux LED devices with 110 lumens per watt.
- A highly-efficient heat dissipation design substantially reduced the temperature increase of the LED module.
- Inteligent power supply with dimmer, various sensors and battery backup.
- Power consumption is reduced by more than 80% compared to conventional high bay lighting such as metal halide (based on examples from users in the U.S.).
- Battery backup and solar control are available as options.
- Long-life lighting allows for little or no maintenance for extended periods after installation.
Ringdale was established in 1997 as a subsidiary of Network Technology PLC, which is listed on the London Stock Exchange. Ringdale focuses on helping organizations incorporate “green savings” into their business environments. Ringdale provides ActiveLED? luminaires with patented, solid-state lighting control and thermal management technology as well as a wide range of secure document output management, access control and document workflow solutions.
Ringdale Inc. is based in United States with offices in UK, France, Germany and Singapore.
About Sojitz Systems
Sojitz Systems was established as an independent system integrator that spun off from Sojitz Corporation’s Information Systems Division. Sojitz Systems offers NI solutions and SI solution services ranging from corporate infrastructure system construction and operation to ERP system construction and operation.
*Ringdale? and ActiveLED? are registered trademarks or trademarks of Ringdale Inc.
[ High Bay Lighting ]
[ Billboard Lighting ]